Bee's Reviews > Camp Hell

Camp Hell by Jordan Castillo Price

Apr 29, 2011

bookshelves: abuse-hate-bullying, crime-mystery, fantasy, ghosts-and-spirits, kindle, passion-erotica, psychic-or-clairvoyant, romance, m-m
Read from April 26 to 29, 2011

So this time the book is longer, it was almost shocking when I realized that this is almost twice as long as the previous books, so naturally there's a lot of story in this one; but also, for the first time, I was a bit disappointed.

The way Vic talks about his gift is a bit hard to believe this time. In the previous books he's been pretty forthcoming with what he sees, with all his partners. So to learn in this book that he's been successfully hiding the true capacity of his ability is just a bit hard to swallow.

Other than that minor hang-up the book was once again great. I love how we get to see more of Jacob in this one, and the commitment he has to Vic is just beyond adorable. He'd do anything for him and that is just so sweet. There are a lot of ups and downs, and a lot of feelings all over the place. Both Jacob's ex and Victor's ex have prominent parts in the book, which is a bit tricky for all parties to handle. And the paranoia that comes from knowing someone is always watching tears on everyone around Vic. He needs to keep his friends close and his enemies closer, but that is hard to do when you don't know who you can trust.

There is a lot more of the supernatural element in this book than in the previous ones, and it turns out some people have more talent than anyone ever suspected. There is also a lot of sweet love and some smexy sex to keep the reader happy...and as a testament to the quality of this series, I still want to read more!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Camp Hell.

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) I agree with this review!