Gregory Del Duca's Reviews > Blaze

M 50x66
Feb 21, 2008

Read in February, 2008

Look...

First and foremost, I am a self-described and unembarrassed "King Head." I have devoured Stephen King's words since reading "Thinner" as a fairly young boy with a slightly twisted mind that loved to be challenged, expanded, and scared.

I am also a person who has read loads of classic and contemporary fiction, non-fiction, science fiction, scientific journals, periodicals, etc. My point? I don't simply spend my time reading one author or genre, and I am a fairly discrimiinating reader.

I feel that Stephen King has become one of the masters of (a) story-telling, and (b) character development. I believe his characters, care about them, and, even through the unbelievable worlds and situations through which these palpable characters inhabit and experience, believe them.

In "Blaze," which was originally written at a very young age, sat on the back burner for 25+ years, and fortunately revisited the author after his "retirement," King is - in my opinion - at his best creating a situational plot line that follows two amazing characters blurring the lines of ethical/unethical, right/wrong, and nature/nuture.

I recommend this relatively short book to anyone interested in a good story and a great character.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blaze.

06/04/2016 marked as: read