Barbara ★'s Reviews > Funeral in Blue

Funeral in Blue by Anne Perry

1968285
Jan 01, 15

bookshelves: mystery-british, mystery-fbi-pi-cop, x-set-in-europe-uk-england, read-2011
Read from August 23 to September 23, 2011

When Alisa Beck turns up dead along with an artist's model, Monk and Hester get involved since Alisa's husband, Christian is a family friend. The evidence is light and mostly circumstantial but the law arrests Christian anyway. Monk is determined to find evidence that Christian is not guilty of this heinous crime. I was enjoying the story until this point. Then it morphs into a history lesson which has zero impact on the story. Monk is trying to prove that something (or someone) from 13 years ago during the Vienna uprising had something to do with Alisa's death. He is proving that she was a very courageous and heroic person. This search took a lot of time and I just couldn't see what the information had to do with Christian's defense or Alisa's murder for that matter.

The ending was rather surprising and totally unexpected but rushed as if the author was only supposed to write a certain number of pages and she ran out of room. All in all an ok story but not the best I've read by any means.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Funeral in Blue.

08/29/2011 page 175
49.72% "cassette broke. on hold while I wait for a replacement from the library."

Barbara ★ got the replacement from the library today so we're back on