Cory's Reviews > City of Fallen Angels

did not like it
Recommended to Cory by: My Own Fool Self
Recommended for: Sad,Bored, People
Read on April 09, 2011 , read count: 1

This is all I have to say.

Photobucket

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Fallen Angels.

message 1: by Morgan (new) - added it

Morgan F Those last two sentences have so much fail.

message 2: by Cory (new) - rated it 1 star

Cory Morgan wrote: "Those last two sentences have so much fail."

Don't they? It's sad that this got by an editor.

message 3: by Morgan (new) - added it

Morgan F Why does she need to say "they kissed for a long time"? Isn't that implied by the rest of the sentence?

And they are just kissing, no hands or anything? How fantastically boring.

message 4: by Cory (new) - rated it 1 star

Cory It's exactly why I choose to focus on the emotion of the moment, rather than what's physically happening, when I write scenes like this.

message 5: by AH (new) - added it

AH I don't get it. Was this an attempt to stay PG-13?

message 6: by Cory (new) - rated it 1 star

Cory AH wrote: "I don't get it. Was this an attempt to stay PG-13?"

I don't know. It was rather lame IMO.

message 7: by AH (new) - added it

AH I've been reading Hellion's hundreds of updates on this book. Holy moley! Sounds like a mess.

message 8: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe I believe this about as much as I believed the sixteen year old boy in XVI who just wanted to kiss.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Do people really talk like this when they're in love? When I was a teenager, having someone tell me our love was 'stronger than death' would have been the fastest way to make sure it ended. At best, I would have thought they were being facetious - at worst, I would have assumed they were going off the deep end.

(Also I cannot take the word 'Shadowhunter' seriously. It's just...stupid.)

message 10: by Cory (new) - rated it 1 star

Cory Sean wrote: "Do people really talk like this when they're in love? When I was a teenager, having someone tell me our love was 'stronger than death' would have been the fastest way to make sure it ended. At best..."

Sean, you've got me there. I swear, if a guy said that to me, I'd be swooning all over him.

...nah, changed my mind.

If the shadowhunters actually hunted shadows, I think their name would be cool. I'm still wondering why vampires, fairies, demons, and angels are allowed to exist in the same world without any explanation as to why they can without breaking all the rules of the fantasy universe.

Vinaya Sean wrote: "Do people really talk like this when they're in love? When I was a teenager, having someone tell me our love was 'stronger than death' would have been the fastest way to make sure it ended. At best..."

You know, I've been racking my brains trying to think what 'sweet nothings' I used to whisper to boyfriends when I was a teenager. I can't remember, but I'm fairly sure that anything along the lines of 'I love you more than life itself' would have been more likely to produce giggles and eye-rolling, not to mention that teenage boys have a positive horror of appearing sappy. At least, the ones I know.

Also, saying she reached up and "drew him down to her mouth" sounds weird. Like she's a hoover or or something and about to suck him in. *shudder*

Spider the Doof Warrior I actually love the Love is Stronger than Death verse. It's my favourite verse in the whole bible.

But, it's a bit too strong for stupid teenage love.

message 13: by Bronwyn (new)

Bronwyn ...wat.

That is my reaction to that snippet from CoFA. Actually, that's my reaction to everything I've heard about this book.

message 14: by Steph (new) - rated it 1 star

Steph Sinclair Oh God, I'm almost afraid to read this book now.

message 15: by Kiki (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kiki One word.

Twilight.

Christian Galano Kira wrote: "One word.

Twilight."

Agree. The first 3 books are awesome! The 4th book just became Twilight

Maggie A dude who won't try anything? Probably gay. ;)

message 18: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Sooo... he was just touching her arm, collarbone, and chest, but he didn't try to touch her. Lol what? FAIL.