Beth Peninger's Reviews > Who Do I Talk To?

Who Do I Talk To? by Neta Jackson

Apr 20, 11

Read from April 18 to 19, 2011

Book 2 in a series that I started a long time ago. Like other books, if there is a 2 or beyond, I had to read it. I will only not read a series if it is so horrible that I can't even stomach book 1! But I can stomach this series and I actually really enjoy it. Neta Jackson does a good job of realistically portraying faith. I think some authors/people/etc portray a life of faith in Christ as this happy-go-lucky, all sunshine and roses kind of life. Um. Yeah. It's not. Sorry to burst your bubble if you were striving for that. And I also like how Neta doesn't have her characters acting all self-righteous toward others who are struggling in their faith journey. Like I said, she gives a realistic portrayal of a life of faith. This book picks up on the same day, or the very next, of where book 1 leaves off. I love that. I like following a story that close! Gabby and her mom have been kicked out of Gabby's home by her selfish, pig headed husband. This book takes the reader through the next month and the aftermath of his sin and how the consequences have a trickle down effect. I'm looking forward to book 3.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Who Do I Talk To?.