Reeses's Reviews > Gates of Paradise

Gates of Paradise by Melissa de la Cruz

Feb 10, 13

bookshelves: favorites, own
Read on January 31, 2013

And so the magical and amazing blue blood series that Melissa Cruz created has finally reached the end. Have to say when I finally realized the series I have come to love so much has ended I was both excited and heart broken. I knew eventually this series would have to end and I loved every minute of this series.

Schuyler Van Alen is celebrating her first New Year marries, without her lover Jack. After he disappeared she vowed to keep searching for any and every clue she could find to stop Lucifer for breaching the gates of Heaven and to finish fulfill her destiny, to lead all the blue bloods back home. Too bad finding a lead is like pulling teeth for the blue bloods want nothing to do with the upcoming war with Lucifer. The once great army of Heaven has fallen and they are nothing more than shadows of their former glory. When Schuyler hears a rumor that she has a living family on her fathers side left she pays them a visit hoping for answers.

Meanwhile Mimi and Jack are continue trying to get back into the Dark Princes good graces they are sent on a mission to destroy the ones they love once and for all. While Mimi tries to warn Kingsley about the upcoming threat she knows one misstep could mean both hers and Jacks death.

Bliss's life continues to become more and more complicated. When truths are revealed about Lawson and Ahramin that breaks the group apart. When the group finds out they can't travel between dimensions and that they've lost a whole year, they all must work together to find out where the rupture in the timeline is, and how to fix it.

When everything is said and done it is left to Schuyler to make the hard choice between what is right and her heart. The amazing conclusion of Blue Blood will leave you breathless until the very end.

First off let me just say I am so in love with this cover! Honestly my favorite one so far no lie. Second, holy freaking crap this book was awesome. I need to read the entire series over again. I can't believe it's finally over. I have to say while I try not to have a lot of high expectations regarding books, I had some pretty high ones for the conclusion of the series I have loved so much. Needless to say Melissa did not disappoint and I couldn't have asked for a better ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gates of Paradise.