Scott's Reviews > Life Expectancy

Life Expectancy by Dean Koontz

M_50x66
Apr 09, 11

Read in March, 2011

I had given up on Dean Koontz. I hadn't enjoyed many of his newer books as much as I had enjoyed the first few books I read of his, and I thought my days of reading him were over. That all changed when I was picking out books for my honeymoon.

I literally decided to read this book because it was small and I knew it wouldn't take up much space in my backpack. That's it, that's the reason. There were other books I wanted to read instead of this one but they were much bulkier and I wanted to be able to fit three or four different books so I wouldn't run out of material. I'm glad I picked this one.

Life Expectancy tells the story of Jimmy Tock. On the day of Jimmy's birth his grandfather is shot and killed by a diabolical clown who's wife had just died during childbirth in the next bed. Seconds before his last breath, Jimmy's grandfather forsees (and yells out) five terrible days for his newly born grandson. Armed with this information Jimmy and his family prepare for what will be a life of adventure, tragedy, love, loss and the strenght of family.

The book is throughly enjoyable on every level. The dialogue is hilarious and each of the five days is as exciting as the next. It's sad in parts and amazingly uplifting in other parts. If you were like myself and had given up on Koontz, give this one a try if you haven't already. If you've never read Koontz and are willing to give him a try, read this one.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life Expectancy.