Steph's Reviews > Blood Bought

Blood Bought by Brynn Paulin

Sep 15, 11

bookshelves: author-웃, year-read-2011, series-ongoing
Read on April 09, 2011

Blood Bought is the story of Athena Xanthopoulos and Jonah Genjhury. Jonah is Janos Aventech’s (from book 1, Dragon's Blood) bound wingscion, best friend and a healer. He's been hunting for Athena, his "strong willed banshee" for six months, "Anyone weaker would never survive eternity with him, let alone hold his interest for long." He knows she's his mate and he won't stop until he has her. Athena's not so easy to convince though. "She scrambled to do what was necessary to survive and left everything she wanted, everything she dreamed of in the sawdust that comprised her past." Everything except dreams of "his exquisitely sculpted features...", those follow her wherever she runs.

We get a bit more world-building in this one. "The Elvish and the Djinn have always been here. For a long time, the Elvish ruled the land, dwelling under the sun, while the Djinn ruled the underground. There are caverns the like of which you cannot imagine. We were always at battle -- the Elvish wanted our {Dragons} wealth while the Djinn craved the sun. And we were different ..."

This series is a quick read with hot dragons. A nice distraction read whenever one is needed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Bought.