Crystalbasile's Reviews > Leaving

Leaving by Karen Kingsbury

F 50x66
Apr 08, 11

Read in April, 2011

Another faith filled Karen Kingsbury book that stays with you all day and night. Just like the other books I read from this author, I felt blessed after reading the first few pages. I was engrossed from the very beginning with the pastor’s sermon and to meeting up with our favorite family, the Baxters. There is so much inspiration to be found in each chapter of this book as our main characters look to the Lord for their help and strength.

As an avid reader, I applaud the way in which the story transitioned between each character. I was able to paint a vivid picture of Bailey looking for love, dream career and peace. Cody dealing with family struggles, new career, new and old love. And Ashley, blossoming in her career, balancing family and being a helpmate to an ailing husband. Even though my life struggles don’t parallel those of the main characters, I was reminded to remain faithful to God and his will over my life.

Towards the end of the book, emotions welled up within me as each character said a temporary goodbye to childhood, family, love and home. Thanks Karen for allowing the Holy Spirit to speak through you to me when I need to hear the message most of all.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leaving.