valee's Reviews > Lothaire

2320890
Feb 18, 12

bookshelves: amazing-pnr-romance, 200-fav-reads
Read from February 14 to 18, 2012

“Admit it, love, you like it when I'm a little bad....”

Shit, this book just didn't allow me to go out with my friends (even though it's friday night and I have been craving for a little free time since monday) nor do ANYTHING else, for a matter of fact. I just COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN! It has been ages since I was THIS fixated with a book. I can't even remember the last time I added a book to my favs list. I always adored this series and I definitely can say it is one of the best in the paranormal-romance genre. But more than that, I'm glad to say this book is just as good as the others if not better.

Lothaire was definitely one of those heroes you don't know if to love or to hate. He has always been the 'bad guy' but once we get to know him better we can understand why he is the way he is and did the things he did. I always believe people are the way they are for a reason so to get to know those reasons always makes me feel closer to the characters. I adored Lothaire, although I thought he would be a much complicated and complex hero. He is pretty easy to understand once you get to know him. The heroine was good for him, she just knew exactly which of his buttons to push.

But I know that the reason for why I adore the books in this series so much is because of the author and not the characters. While I enjoy reading about all the characters of this series, it's the way everything is so amazingly well-described and this outstanding new and perplexing world what I love the most. I know she could keep writing more books and I just would keep reading them because there is no one thing I adore about this series. There's just something too appealing about this series that doesn't let me wait long to put my hands on a new book for long.

And I just can't help adoring how I always laugh and laugh with them! Those Valks will always be some of the best characters I have EVER read about.

“As Lothaire lifted the lid with a sense of dread, Nïx murmured, “Hint: it’s the middle one.”
Elizabeth’s fragile finger.Seeing it severed like this brought on a visceral reaction—pain shooting through his own hand, radiating throughout his regenerated heart. He closed the lid with a swallow, sentimentally pocketing the package.
“You gave her your heart, and she gave you the bird.” Nïx sighed. “Songs will be written about this.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lothaire.

02/14/2012 "FINALLY!" 1 comment

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lady Jaye (new)

Lady Jaye Great review, Lady Vale! glad you enjoyed it so much.

Michelle the Romance Witch oh i so know the feeling... i think i lost an entire 24hr reading this one non-stop

valee Exactly, just didn't stop 'till 5 am. until I was done with it,lol.

Sharon (Simi) Ehcstasy Love your review. I felt the same - couldnt put him down.

valee he

Keri Great review!! It was an awesome read!!!

valee It really was, but this series rarely disappoints.

message 8: by Farah (new)

Farah i love this series and love this book even more!!! do you have any suggestions witha series like this, that can touch your heart and make you hooked!! my favorite series would have to be the night huntress by frost but yeah any suggestions like that would be nice :)

valee Farah, check my favs shelf! This is my fav genre, so most books in there are similar to this one.

Allison Kroemeke Hey chicky! Question... Audible.com has Lothaire available before books 6-11 are available. If I listen to Lothaire, will it spoil any of the previous books??

valee Allison wrote: "Hey chicky! Question... Audible.com has Lothaire available before books 6-11 are available. If I listen to Lothaire, will it spoil any of the previous books??"

I am one of those who believe series should be always read in order.

Sharon (Simi) Ehcstasy L. Vale wrote: "Allison wrote: "Hey chicky! Question... Audible.com has Lothaire available before books 6-11 are available. If I listen to Lothaire, will it spoil any of the previous books??"

I am one of those wh..."

Me too.

Allison Kroemeke Thanks guys!!! I appreciate it!