Pamela Craft Jenewein's Reviews > Dark Reckoning

Dark Reckoning by J.E. Taylor

Apr 08, 11

Read on December 01, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Read my full review at: Romance at Heart book reviews

"[...] Never one for the inclusion of rape in any story however, J E Taylor masterfully [read: tastefully] weaves a respectful though authentic scene. Leaving the reader with a clear image without crystal-clear details; quite apparent what is taking place and the character’s state of mind while enduring the ordeal. This is the second time I have read such ‘pushing’ of literary boundaries emulating real life. Like the previous experience, this read was quite comfortable but still notable.

“Dark Reckoning” is truly a thrilling read as J E Taylor masterfully spins a smooth though unhurried tale of suspense in a prominent college town. However, once all the characters have played out their narrative does the pace become rapid, and nail biting. Murders are escalating but no clues reveal whether the perpetrator is human or animal… but definitely unnatural as the victim’s remains tell a tale of extreme rage and blood thirsty carnage. As evidentiary pieces assemble into something concrete do Steve and Jennifer’s personas exude that inner strength and confidence; necessary for those surviving excruciating horrors about to suffer.

I do love a great horror story, so am adding this little beauty to my ebook collection. Marking it for a repeat read too. [...]"
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Reckoning.