Spynonu's Reviews > Club Mephisto

Club Mephisto by Annabel Joseph

Apr 08, 11

bookshelves: amazon, own-it
Read in April, 2011

** spoiler alert ** So, Master goes out of town leaving his beloved Molly (who appears to have checked her brain at the door) in the charge of BDSM club owner, the handsome, Mephisto. Molly, who had no personality, except the one her masters tell her to have comes off as incredibly dull - she is a panting little puppy eager to please. Oh, and she is even sterilized- no pesky puppies to worry about. Perfect.

I had hoped when she was walking in the park that she might actually rediscover some small part of herself which for me would have redeemed the story. Alas, Molly will leave her desires behind because keeping her master happy is all that matters in her life. Sweet, brainless, Molly endures abuse that would leave most people hospitalized- all for master. Ah, nothing says love like bleeding whip marks on your backside.

Oh joy, Molly comes home and discovers that the week of sadistic abuse and sexual depravity was to be sure she was happy with her husband. Oh, and to make sure she will have another man to abuse her in case her Master should kick the bucket. Whereupon Molly says the only normal thing in the whole story "Is that even legal?"

I read a lot of BDSM and this was one of the most annoying stories yet. I like the female characters to have some sort of depth to them but Molly was so shallow - I wanted to slap her myself.

7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Club Mephisto.