Lynsey A's Reviews > The Darkest Secret

The Darkest Secret by Gena Showalter

Another great Lords story. It was quite a surprise to learn that Haidee was the heroine of a Lord because of her past. However, as always, Gena did a great job of making us like Haidee by understanding her past with her great writing.

Amun has never been the one Lord I really wanted to read about. However, after reading his book I find I really love his character. The ending when he (view spoiler) was quite entertaining. As Kaia said at the end he did deserve it. :)

Strider was another story. He certainly didn't endear himself to me in this book. I'm not sure why but I am just not on the Strider train. There were certainly some funny moments with him in the book. The way he was attracted to Haidee was resolved nicely and as I said above (view spoiler), IMO.

William. Ah, dear dear William. Or Liam as Gilly likes to call him. How I love him. The text message at the end to Torin? Classic! "Take me out of your address book." Very funny.

I enjoyed this story and despite my feelings about Strider I am looking forward to his story. I really don't like the fact that Kaia slept with Paris and is now the heroine in the next book. However, her character in this book was just a bit revealing, showing a side of her we haven't seen before. Does she have truly loving feelings for Strider? Well, I guess we will all have to wait for October to find out. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Secret.

04/08/2011 page 132
32.0% "I'm so confused. What's going on, Gena? Why does Strider also want Haidee? It's very weird to read about. Oh and this is a great book! :)" 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ i thought the text that "Liam" sent was great too...quite a few interesting tidbits about him in this book as well.

Catherine I never paid much attention to Strider until this book. But I did manage to become intrigued by him in this one. I'm not really sure about his heroine though. (view spoiler) Strangers, okay. Friends, no.

Lynsey A @Sharon, oh yes. That text was freakin hilarious! It was definitely true to "Liam's" character. I LOL'd at that one.

@Catherine, in regards to your spoiler, I feel the same way. Gena is a good enough author I think we'll like Kaia better in her book. I hope we can get past that. It really does bother me. However, I love this series too much to let it keep me from reading any further.

Catherine Agreed.

Lady Allison Great review, Lynsey. I loved that last text from William, too! I REALLY hope he gets paired up with Gilly!

Lynsey A Thanks, Allison! Oh my goodness, that was hilarious! It was just like William. It didn't surprise me at all but certainly made me LOL.

Oh, he has to be paired with Gilly. It wouldn't be right otherwise! I think I recall something in this book about William thinking about finding someone for Gilly to love and then in the next moment thinking about taking him out. Or something along those lines.

Gilly and "Liam" are meant to be! :o)

Lady Allison Yes! Not only would he murder any man who tried to put his hands on her, but he's going to ACTUALLY murder her abusive family! That's love right there, Lords style ;)

Lynsey A Oh, I know! Is it bad that I was hoping Gena would write that scene into this novel? I don't want to wait for his justice for Gilly. :) Bloodthirsty!

Total love. He just doesn't realize it. Ha ha

Lady Allison It's so not, because I was hoping for the same thing! I was disappointed when it ended without knowing how that particular road trip went!

It's called denial & he's FULL of it!

Lynsey A Don't be sad, Allison. I'm sure we will get to see how that road trip eventually ended. :) We may not get a "live" version if you will but some lovely flashbacks.

Oh so true. He's floating down the river of deNILE! Ha ha

Lady Allison I'll try not to be...the next book is taking too damn long to release...

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good one!

Lynsey A Ha ha! Thanks! :)