Samantha's Reviews > The Highlander's Touch

The Highlander's Touch by Karen Marie Moning

Apr 15, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read in June, 2006

This book didn’t really do anything for me. The plot seemed lacking, because it felt like Cin and Lisa were just running in circles the whole time. This is mostly because there’s way too much communication problems going on. I would’ve liked to have seen Cin and Lisa talk more in the beginning to get all those little problems out of the way, so that they could concentrate more on the whole flask deal and maybe been given a villain to contend with. Instead we have this huge ass hole in the book where Lisa is fanatically searching for the flask because she’s clinging to the idea that it will whisk her back home and Cin is brooding over the fact that he’s attracted to Lisa but he shouldn’t trust her because she’s so intent on the flask. Plus even if her intentions are pure there’s still the problem of him being immortal and her being mortal. So if he decided to keep her she’d up and keel over some day and he’d be left back at square one.

Cin was an interesting character with all his problems with his immortality and him not liking his fae powers. It was fun to watch him work through his problems and to see him gradually loosen up. Lisa on the other hand was just okay. We never got to know too much about her aside from what happened to her mother and father.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Highlander's Touch.