Amy A's Reviews > Tempest Rising

Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler

F 50x66
Aug 06, 12

Read from August 02 to 06, 2012

For me, this book started off a little slow. I was then interrupted with reading it and had to come back into the book. Usually that type of thing will keep me from finishing a book because I lose the momentum of the fictitious world I'm reading.

So, even though the book started off a little slow for me, once I got into it and was able to continuously read the book, I was hooked. I really like Jane's character. She's been through a lot, yet she's remained strong and that strength will only help her because life if going to keep on throwing things her way.

Jane is considered a little of an outcast in her small town of Rockabilly. There are events in her past that people look down upon an so they treat Jane as a pariah. Little does Jane know that there's more to her than meets the eye. When Jane discovers a murder it brings supernatural beings out of the woodwork and Jane finds out that she's part selkie. It turns out, the murder victim was also half-supernatural. So the mystery begins to find out the murderer.

We are introduced to a lot of characters, as well as to a complex supernatural world with it's own rules to live by, and not all of them like half-breeds like Jane.

I don't want to give too much away. I really like the who-done-it aspect of the story and integrating it into learning about this new supernatural world. This story starts off things that will continue in series and I can't wait to find out where it all goes. Until Then!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempest Rising.

08/02/2012 page 36