Karen Mardahl's Reviews > Seven Pillars of Wisdom: A Triumph

Seven Pillars of Wisdom by T.E. Lawrence

Apr 21, 11

Read from April 08 to 14, 2011

(I have 2 copies of the book! I am listening to an Audible audiobook, however. I started the book 10 years ago, but got sidetracked. I am using the audiobook to get back on track.)
There are scenes described in this book that should not be reading before or while eating.
I am disappointed in the abridged version of the book that I got from Audible. However, listening to it did motivate me to pick up my printed copy again to fill in the missing details.

It was sometimes hard to remember all the names he mentions, especially because I was commuting while listening and could often be distracted by the need to switch trains, etc. However, I definitely got the gist of what was happening. I thought the writing quite poetic and moving at times. This is definitely Lawrence's point of view, and I know his original manuscript was lost and he had to re-write from memory. I like the personal, passionate, and personal point of view. I think that there is much to consider about different cultures and imperialism, etc. It is definitely worth a read in today's world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seven Pillars of Wisdom.