Brenda's Reviews > Toot & Puddle

Apr 08, 11

bookshelves: picture-books
Recommended for: Book about traveling
Read on April 08, 2011

I had the pleasure of hearing this book read in a classroom and reading it myself. What a wonderful idea to have one pig traveling around the world while the other had just as equally fun adventures at home. This was also used wonderful as a writing/coloring activity in which each child decorated a postcard to send to someone else, just like the cards that Toot sent to Puddle in the story. It also provides for extensions in talking and showing different destinations on a globe. the illustrations were equally as cute as the book. All in all Toot and Puddle truly captured the classes attention and I highly recommend it.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Toot & Puddle.

message 1: by Crystal (new) - added it

Crystal Marcos Thank you for the recommendation. I like how it was used in the classroom.

message 2: by Kathryn (last edited Apr 11, 2011 08:27AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathryn Sounds very cute! I love books about travel (especially if POSTCARDS are involved!) and this sounds adorable. Thank you!

Kathryn Besides which I have loved Holly Hobbie ever since I was a little girl. Her bonnet girls are just adorable!