Andrea's Reviews > The Forest of Hands and Teeth

Apr 15, 11

bookshelves: 2011, dystopia, end-of-times, love, ya
Read on April 15, 2011

Very good!

I will go so far as to say that a lot of this book is predictable, but honestly, when you're stuck in a maze of fences, only so much can happen. I'm not saying that that's a bad thing, even with the limited options I was still very happy with it. I would have been happier if ____ hadn't died, or _____ hadn't happened, or ______ had happened (fill in the blanks with whatever you'd like) but overall it was a good story.

The ending was very predictable. I figured either X or Y would happen, and while rooting for X it was determined that that wouldn't happen after 3/4 of the way through. I will say though that after reading a few other books recently (first that comes to mind is Before I Fall) I half expected everyone to get killed off and then be The End. Really glad that that wasn't the case.

This was a very quick read, bought it yesterday, read a few chapers at Panera with dinner and then some before bed and there wasn't much left to read this morning.

I'm not sure if the next book is a sequel, a story about a different person during the same Infection, or what, but I would like the story (in the next book or any subsequent books) to cover the actual first wave of infection. How it started, what happened, etc. And I'd also like to know if the infected take over completely or if the uninfected somehow take back the world. And is it the world or just North and South America?

SPOILERS:

I'd also like to know if the group goes back for Harry, Cass, and Jacob. Did Mary get bit? Did Jeb survive? (Those the latter is unlikely, I'd still like to be told with finality.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forest of Hands and Teeth.