Lanica's Reviews > Eve

Oct 25, 11

bookshelves: audiobooks, read-in-2011, reviewed, series-complete
Recommended for: no one
Read from October 19 to 23, 2011

I haven't read this author in a long time, but was reminded about her by the ads along the side of Good Reads for Bonnie. I figured that, even though I'd fallen away from the series I remembered it fondly and looked forward to seeing how it ended.

Either I have a nostalgic recollection of the series; or, her writing has fallen off. This book wasted a huge amount of time on sex scenes. Eve as a 16 year old meets a 20-year-old expert in the Kama Sutra. Sex - sex - sex - sex...enough already.

Later, we see how much she is in love with Joe Quinn by watching how she has sex with him. More mature, more stamina, true love...sex - sex - sex...really, again?

Okay, I've already passed the point where I would have tossed a physical book aside in disgust and picked another. But I was listening to this on audio and was on vacation away from home...so I kept listening and, honestly, I kept expecting it to end...to get into the plot...so I listened all the way through.

Eventually Eve gets kidnapped and we're back into the sort of tension and thrillers that I remembered having liked from Johansen. It got better, but the story was dull, the narration was annoying and the plot was plodding and extremely easy to predict. And then it ended.

I was greatly disappointed; and yet, I want to know what happened to Bonnie and so I will read Quinn. This time my expectations of her writing prowess will be moderated by this less than enjoyable experience.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eve.