Samantha's Reviews > The Dark Highlander

The Dark Highlander by Karen Marie Moning

Apr 15, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read in July, 2006

** spoiler alert ** This was probably the book with the best plot out of the series. It was well done and really interesting and I seriously was almost sitting on the edge of my seat wondering how the hell Moning was going to get Dageus out of the grand mess he made. I also enjoyed seeing the main characters from Kiss of the Highlander appear in this one. And again Moning writes another great hero, because Dageus is wonderful.

One thing that really annoyed me in this book was how Moning made Chloe a huge fan of “Touch of the Highlander.” That zapped me out of the story and had me putting the book down for a bit. Also, I’m noticing a trend in events in these books. Like how the hero and heroine always get separated somehow at the end and the heroine spirals into this huge depression until POOF! The hero is served back to her on a silver platter. It’s starting to get a tiny bit annoying. Also, I wasn’t into Chloe too much, while she wasn’t annoying, I don’t think she was the greatest of Monings heroines.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Highlander.