Keri ♠'s Reviews > The Red Pyramid

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan

2692029
Apr 09, 11

bookshelves: audiobooks, fiction, fantasy, mythology, egyptian-related, ya-teen, rick-riordan, challenge-spring-2011-read
Read from April 07 to 09, 2011

I bought this in hardback when it first came out but never got around to reading it. When I knew I was going to be doing a read-a-thon this weekend, I decided to start listening first to see if I would enjoy it, especially since I didn't really care much for the narration of the other new series, The Lost Hero. I have to say that from the very start, I was very much immersed in the story. I enjoyed getting the two different perspectives, and was very impressed that both the male and female narrators were able to do very good accents quite easily (Carter is "American" and his sister Saddie is "British") and switch between their own first person narrative and speak the dialect of their sibling as well as the other varied characters in the story. I have always enjoyed Egyptian mythology and history as long as I can remember. I have to say that I learned a lot more about the mythology and in a fun way. Yes it is a bit like the Percy Jackson series with there being a need to "save the world" and young adults needing to make very difficult decisions, with some help of ancient "gods and goddesses." Despite that, I still very much enjoyed this book and I look forward to the next book in the series because it was such a fun read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Red Pyramid.