Cathy Keaton's Reviews > The Abandoned

The Abandoned by Amanda Stevens

Aug 11, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011, reviewed, i-own
Read from July 26 to 28, 2011

I picked up this title because it was free (still is) and sounded like it had an interesting premise. It does, but I really couldn't get into this story very much. It's really more of the plot-driven variety, rather than the character-driven kind. There's nothing wrong with that at all, but it's just not my preference.

I found the writing to be decent quality except for some point-of-view problems here and there. I think it does a fabulous job with the mystery and the suspense aspects, so a reader looking for romantic suspense would probably like this story. I, personally, would have liked to have gotten more attached to the characters, but I couldn't, since they just weren't very interesting. They weren't bothersome, either, but were simply not characters I could get excited about.

This short story is a prequel to The Restorer, the first novel in the Graveyard Queen series, and is meant to illustrate what to expect from the subsequent novels. I was not intrigued enough by this prequel to want to read any further books in this series, but I think it is a good story for it's intended audience. So, if you love mystery, adult romance, and suspense with some ghosts furthering the plot (but, a story that is light on characterization), then you'll likely want to download this e-book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Abandoned.