Kimberly's Reviews > The Witch's Daughter

The Witch's Daughter by Paula Brackston

Apr 07, 11

Read in April, 2011

First off I did win this book for free on the GoodReads First Reads giveaway. The cover of the book caught my eye and the description sounded very interesting. I normally go for paranormal type books. They interest me and usually keep my attention. I really enjoyed the different eras this book takes you. Bess is the daughter of a witch, in the 1600's she loses her family to the plague. Bess is saved due to her mothers witchcraft, and because of that her mother is hung. Throughout the years Bess takes on a new identity in new towns to hide from an evil warlock named Gideon. Bess who now goes by Elizabeth meets a young girl name Tegan. She then begins to teach her witchcraft, so that they can fight the evil that is in their town. I did enjoy this book, the story was unique and I like the history aspect throughout the book. I did feel the book was a little predictable and I wish it had a little more suspense and darkness.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Witch's Daughter.