Schnaucl's Reviews > Late Eclipses

Late Eclipses by Seanan McGuire

Apr 07, 11

bookshelves: april, fiction, owned, read_2011, series, urban_fantasy
Read on April 01, 2011, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** I mostly enjoyed it.

I'm still not sure what we're supposed to see in Connor. I get that October likes him because of prior history but as a reader I don't find him particularly interesting.

I think McGuire needed to lay more groundwork for the crazy changeling because as soon as October started having symptoms I assumed she'd been poisoned. It's like the problem from A Local Habitation, it seemed pretty obvious to me and I wasn't sure why October didn't catch it. Maybe we're supposed to excuse her because she was suffering from the effects of poison. It may have been mentioned in other books but I read them around release time and so it's been a while since I read the last one. If I thought insanity was a real possibility I don't think I would have been so quick to see the poison. The placement of the poison was diabolical.

I was somewhat disappointed to find out October is a heretofore virtually unknown species. There are a ton of those running around in urban fantasy. It's more interesting when she's underpowered and has to rely on intelligence and a small amount of magical talent to get by. I do find it interesting that Tybalt had it figured out though, particularly since he knew something from back when she first appeared. I keep thinking the daughter and her heritage is going to turn up again.

I'll miss Lilly but I think her death was handled well. It was very moving.

I liked the development with Tybalt. I also liked the glimpse into the Court of Cats.

I'm really looking forward to the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Late Eclipses.

message 1: by ObsidianCub (new)

ObsidianCub *Connor not Collin!

Schnaucl ObsidianCub wrote: "*Connor not Collin!"

Thanks! I've made the change.