Eric's Reviews > Devil's Eye

Devil's Eye by Kait Nolan

Jun 19, 11

bookshelves: to-read, werewolves, elementals, paranormal, urban-fantasy, vampires, demigods, demons, new-orleans, novellas
Read on June 20, 2011

First a disclaimer, today I was sick, I was so sick I don't even want to tell you how sick I was. Let's just leave it at be wary of "fresh" on fresh food and we'll move on.

Considering I had to completely stop a few times while reading this novella I was totally hyped about I was surprised to see how clearly it all stayed in my head. I love how Nolan spins a tale. There's none of the extra nonsense and fat that I've come accustomed to ignoring to continue reading a book, it's all meat and I love it.

We're back in NOLA with some more Mirus for that I'm eternally grateful. Mick is back and we're brought in during a tropical storm. While I'll admit I've never been through one it seemed a little weird how much happened during a category 4 storm but frankly I didn't care enough to be bothered with details like this. After my last book based on Greek mythology I was thankful for the Nolan's no bullshit storytelling when demigods came up. It just is, deal with it.

I struggle with reviews for these novellas cause they're so short, once you start before you know it you're done. After you've read the blurb if you're not intrigued (of which I don't know what is wrong with you :-) then I don't know how else to get your on board. These are good. Hand to heart good. Give it a chance and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devil's Eye.