Trish's Reviews > Sweet Valley Confidential: Ten Years Later

Sweet Valley Confidential by Francine Pascal

Apr 10, 11

Read in April, 2011

Now I grew up with Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield. Being a pre-teen in the late 80's, who didn't? Now by the time Sweet Valley High the Senior Year or Sweet Valley University came along I was well into high school and much too cool so this series, but what can I say? When you hit the mid-thirties you look back on the things that are associated with our youth- at least I do.
I was very excited to see this available and downloaded it quickly to the Nook. I began reading and was prepared to meet my pre-teen heroines all grown up and a whopping 27 years old. I was quickly disappointed. This book was all over the place. The story jumped from the first person view of several characters and sub plots. I quickly got the feeling that the author was trying to condense the past several years of Sweet Valley history in addition to developing the actual plot.
The characters were not believable, but rather seemed to be the same high school girls that now said swearing words and had sex and knew what FB and Twitter are. I can honestly say that I was anxious for this read to be over, and I am hardly the type of reader who feel that way. To sum it up: not worth the time or money!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Valley Confidential.