Brandy's Reviews > One Rough Man

One Rough Man by Brad Taylor

Apr 10, 11

bookshelves: nc-digital-library, favorites, nook, thriller-mystery
Read from April 07 to 08, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Pike Logan is the leader of a team of ultra-secret commandos that operate outside of normal military channels. When he takes one more mission and misses a scheduled night off at home, his personal life falls apart. Months later, Jennifer Cahill's uncle has made an amazing archaeological discovery - a potential WMD that wiped out Mayan cities - that puts lives in danger, and she is drawn into the situation by terrorists wanting to possess this potential weapon. When a chance encounter links Heather and Pike, they find themselves caught up in race to save the world from a plan that will initiate World War 3.

I loved this book and have found a new favorite author. I can't wait to see what he comes out with next! The characters were great. I loved the reality of Pike, and how he was in such a bad spot after his family was attacked. I loved that Jennifer was right there with him in the "guts" department. This was not her native element, but she is going to give it her all because she believes its the right thing to do. Once the two meet up, all the action takes place in a short amount of time, so it had very fast pacing to it that reminded me of one of my favorite shows, 24. In fact, Pike reminds me a bit of Jack Bauer, and I love it! Fans of Vince Flynn and Brad Thor should definitely check out Brad Taylor.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Rough Man.

04/08/2011 page 150