Bianka's Reviews > Thinner

Thinner
By Stephen King
320 pp. Signet
ISBN: 0-451-19075-0

Thinner is written by the very well known author, Stephen King, and it's about a lawyer named Billy. Billy lived his life as an obese man who took everything for granted. Until one day, when he was driving home, he runs over a very old gypsy woman. Billy has to go to court because of his accident, but gets away with not going to jail by being good friends with the judge. The father of the old gypsy casts a spell on Billy, without him knowing so. Billy becomes cursed by loosing weight, day by day. Among family issues, such as problems with his wife, Billy lives with this curse. Until the day he receives a pie from the gypsy woman's father. Billy struggles with the most important relationships in his life.
I enjoyed this book because of its structure and Stephen King's use of powerful words. It kept me interested and I had no difficulty with understanding its content. King is a detailed and descriptive writer, and has his own form of writing. I recommend this book to people interested in drama and weird, but interesting story lines.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thinner.