Auntee's Reviews > Taking Chase

Taking Chase by Lauren Dane

Apr 17, 08

bookshelves: erotic-romance, brothers-sisters
Recommended for: Romance fans, erotic romance fans
Read in April, 2008

Just perfect! Beautifully written love story with just enough conflict between the H/H to make it interesting.

Cassie Gambol, a beautiful doctor and a victim of domestic abuse, just wants to disappear from her old life and the terrible memories of her ex-husband and start new somewhere. On the run from her ex, she flees L.A. and ends up in the small town of Petal, Georgia, and soon meets up with the colorful Chase family.

Shane Chase is the town sheriff, and just about the sexiest man Cassie has ever laid eyes on. But she's in no mood to have another dominant male in her life, no matter how much she is attracted to him.

When Shane meets Cassie, it's lust at first sight. Cassie is initially very skittish around Chase, and he feels the beautiful newcomer is hiding something. But Shane and Cassie have an instant connection, and he sets out to woo her. With a lot of patience and passion, Shane eventually finds out all Cassie's secrets, including one that threatens her very life.

Both Cassie and Shane are stubborn people, and there's lots of misunderstandings and fights, but a lot of passionate making up. But each is so good for the other, you'll find yourself rooting for them, knowing that they belong together. The character of Shane really redeems himself from the previous Chase book (Giving Chase), where he came off as quite a jerk. He still has his moments in this book (he can't help it--he's an alpha) but he shows such patience, love and tenderness towards Cassie that you can't help falling for him! This book was a real winner--I can't wait to read the next book about the Chase family, Marc's story, called "Chased".

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taking Chase.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daisiemae (last edited Apr 17, 2008 10:14PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Daisiemae Auntee...I am going to chalk this up to another book to add in my TBR mountain! Did you like this book or the previous book better?

Kathrynn This sounds good. Thank you for that great review!

Auntee Daisiemae, I liked them both, but probably liked this one a little better--there was a little more meat to this story!
I'll put these aside for you if you'd like? :)There's another one I have to read yet and the final book of the series comes out next month, I think (4 in all--I love series about brothers--I think I may make that a 'shelf') lol

Daisiemae Thank you Auntee, I would love that. Since you highly recommend them, I have a feeling they will be good! :) I think you are going to need BIGGER shelves...or in my case MORE shelves...hee hee.