Danielle's Reviews > Wizard and Glass

Wizard and Glass by Stephen King

Oct 08, 2014

bookshelves: modern-fiction
Read from September 30 to October 06, 2014

3.5 stars. Wizard and Glass continues the story of Roland and his ka-tet, a group brought together by fate to travel to the dark tower and correct the brokenness that is spreading through the world. In this book, more focus is given to the gunslinger's past, with only a few chapters dedicated to the furthering of the journey. This detour is helpful, though, in explaining how Roland began on the path to the dark tower and how it has affected him and those he loves most.

This was the last book I had to reread before getting into the new material, and I found that I only remembered one major element, which I'll not share since it is a spoiler. Because of that I found that I didn't like the book very much, but when I finally rediscovered things that I had read and did not remember, I could see how important this book is in the series. King himself admits that he is not very good at writing about love, and I'll agree with that, but has always he masterfully tells a story that draws you in and won't let go. I'm really interested to see where he takes this, knowing that it will probably only get darker from here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wizard and Glass.

09/30/2014 marked as: currently-reading