Stephen Clynes's Reviews > Stone Cold

Stone Cold by David Baldacci

Apr 07, 11

Read in April, 2011

It is a tale of cunning and lies. It is like a made-for-TV movie. The pace is steady and the plot is straight forward. There are two separate plots that are linked only by the characters and do not affect each other. The action is evenly split across a range of twelve characters with major parts played by three of them, two of whom are members of the Camel Club.

I felt a lack of empathy for all the characters, who all shared an arrogance of believing "I'm the best". The story is clearly written but I thought "Why do they bother?". This is not the happiest of novels as there is a high death toll from needless violence. There is nothing special about this novel. Stone Cold did however have a good ending.

Sadly there is nothing special or to recommend about this book. Stone Cold is a poor novel, it is not one of David's best and I shall vote it only 2 stars on Goodreads . The collectors was a good read but Stone Cold, like it's appropriate title, leaves me Stone Cold.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stone Cold.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Toni Osborne haha love you last comment although I differ in opinion on this book ....seems I said that before on another novel....hum