Emanuela ~plastic duck~'s Reviews > Sno Ho

Sno Ho by Ethan Day

Apr 07, 11

bookshelves: rainbow-gay, glbt, contemporary, romance
Read on April 07, 2011

** spoiler alert ** OMG, this was perfect!

Let's say that this book doesn't end, it begins. I love Boone! I like his humor, I like when he's silly, when he reveals himself while trying to hide the depth and seriousness of his feelings. The story is entertaining and it's written beautifully. Boone's voice flows naturally and it draws you in his life. The book seems to begin with a misadventure, an intoxicated one-night stand out of which Boone seems not to manage to get away quickly enough. He's just been dumped by his ex-lover and it seems he's hooked up with a jerk. I swear, at the beginning I thought Wade was an asshole, but boy, I was wrong. So glad I was so wrong. Wade is fantastic and it's too bad we are not in his head, but since it looks like he expresses his feelings more openly than Boone, maybe we don't need to hear his thoughts to know that he's fallen in love with Boone.

Even if the two protagonists fall for each other pretty quickly, it sounds believable, because you can really see lust becoming something else. The end might be a little frustrating - I told you, it's the beginning - but it's perfectly in line with the characters and with the situation. I wouldn't have expected anything different.

I liked the small town setting, all the secondary characters, perfectly fleshed out even when they are on the page only for a short time. I laughed so much, this is an amazingly good story, a small jewel that I'd recommend to everyone.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sno Ho.