Anzu The Great Destroyer's Reviews > Immortal Rider

Immortal Rider by Larissa Ione

I’ve been waiting for months for Immortal Rider. I kept on stalking Larissa Ione’s blog, me being such a big fan and all, watching her news, avoiding spoilers and so on. Finally I managed to get the book and the time to read it.

The question of the day would be: Am I happy with this book? Was it everything I was hoping for? Did I do the happy dance after finishing it?

*review ends here*

Nah, hold your horses people, of course I’m not done with f*cking up reviewing the book. Of course I have to ramble about it for at least 15 minutes. That’s the way I work.

What is my problem you ask? First of all the story sucks balls. Yes, balls. Listen to this:

We have a little horseperson, Limos. She’s a badass warrior who dresses like a Hawaian reject and always smells like coconut. I presume so far that even her sweat smells like coconut. I didn’t want to get into intimate details with this so let’s just stop with sweat. Ok so she meets the hot dude Arik. He’s a human of course. You will never have two badass warriors hooking up; things would be too easy then. No fun in things being too easy. So after they kiss the dude ends up in Hell and gets tortured for a month. He escapes and forgives the chick just because she’s hot. Bla bla bla flirting oral sex bla bla bla. Then we find out that (I’ll put this in bold because it’s priceless) she is wearing a chastity belt and only her husband can remove it. The funny thing is that this is not the best part of it. Hold on, I’m getting to it. So apart from the chastity belt

we have the following: she is betrothed to Satan (yes, freakin’ Satan) and he wants her fresh and untouched. You guessed it right. UNTOUCHED. AKA a virgin. So she needs someone to take away her maidenhood and save her from being raped by Satan.

Ok so after you’ve read this what’s your opinion on Immortal Rider? I don’t know if I should laugh or cry. I mean this is a joke! I can’t process it… *facepalm*

Second (remember the first - up there somewhere), the characters suck. Limos is not my favorite horseman and Arik is just… meh. Nothing special about him, don’t like him don’t hate him. He just exists. Period.

So sucky story and meh characters = bad book and me punching a kid in the face. See what you made me do Mrs. Ione? See what you made me do??

*clears throat*

So yeah, saying that I’m having issues with this book is an understatement.

There’s actually something I liked about Immortal Rider and if I’m not wrong I said this about Eternal Rider as well. I loved Wraith, Thanatos and (surprisingly) Regan. They’re the main reason for me not giving it two stars.

So the conclusion? I’m totally neutral about this. I won’t say I hate it because I still like Larissa Ione but it’s the last chance I’m giving her. One more mistake book like this and I’m blowing everything up!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Immortal Rider.

12/14/2011
64.0% "Why is this so tasteless?"
12/15/2011
100.0% "RCS"

Anzu The Great Destroyer Better than #1? :D

Aly is so frigging bored I couldn't say :))

Anzu The Great Destroyer Cmon you can try :>

MISS VAIN Can you believe I have had #1 sitting on my bookshelf since it was released and have not read it....this cover is hot though!!!:)
Did you Anzu and Aly love the first book??

Aly is so frigging bored Yes we did :D You've read Demonica yes? :D I remember that you did...

MISS VAIN Yes I've read Demonica silly pants :)

Anzu The Great Destroyer I loved the first :D Good PNR. Wish Aly could be cold-blooded and tell me if #2 is better or not O.O

Aly is so frigging bored She can't!! But they are above 5*, both of them.

MISS VAIN Miss Aly why are you so secretive with Anzu about which one is best when you rely on us so heavily for spoilers???? ;)))

Aly is so frigging bored Because I can't tell! I like both Arik and Ares a lot and Cara and Limos are cool and they both have River and Thanatos which I love and I like the way Larissa (view spoiler), I think it took some thinking. I just couldn't pick one, just like I couldn't pick a IAD book or a LOTU one or a Sherrylin Kenyon one.
/RANT :D

Miss V how's your reading? :-w

MISS VAIN Okay I get it now!!:) They're all your favorites!!!

I might actually finish a book! Lol. ;) I'm on a mission to finish this book today before I go to a birthday party tonight...finally back reading, feels great.

Aly is so frigging bored Yess Miss V :D They all are :)) :)) :))

Missed you :* and have fun >:D<

MISS VAIN Missed you too!!!! Thanks! I'm having fun reading now that's for sure!:)!!

message 15: by Anzu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Have fun MV!!!!

And btw Aly you just made my expectations go high for the book :p If it sucks I kill you!!!

MISS VAIN Thanks Anzu! :)

I'll kill her too because all this talk has me reading Eternal Rider now.

P.s. hot sex =5 Stars in Aly's rating chart! :)))

message 17: by Anzu (last edited Nov 27, 2011 01:32AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer "[...] P.s. hot sex =5 Stars in Aly's rating chart! :)))"

That makes perfect sense... Now all those ratings she gave are coming back to haunt me :)))

MISS VAIN LOL! ;) me too.

Aly is so frigging bored No presents this Christmas for you guys :)) =))

MISS VAIN I take it back!!!:)))))

Aly is so frigging bored What is done, is done :D :))

message 22: by Anzu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer I'm sure you're bluffing :p

MISS VAIN Do you like this one?

message 24: by Anzu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Hmmmm so so

Aly is so frigging bored i'm saying 3-4* star, more of a 3 though :D

MISS VAIN There goes Aly giving you your review stars. Lol

Aly is so frigging bored Not her review :D her book rating... we have a thing with me guessing it :D

MISS VAIN Review, rating, you know what mean. Silly pants!:)

So when you suggest a certain number of stars for me, that's a guess to my stars?? I always that was you suggesting the rating! I didn't realize that.:))

Aly is so frigging bored It was a guess :)) I love being right btw :D

MISS VAIN Yes, I know you do! ;) So do I,:))

message 31: by Anzu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer You got it right Aly! You're number one so far!

Aly is so frigging bored How many mistakes did she have?!

I loved the pics and I don't agree about the book, but the review was funny :D

MISS VAIN HAHAHAHA! Loved your review, even though I was laughed hysterically I was laughing because A. It was funny and B. because most things I loved about the series you made it into a negative. :))

I'm glad you're giving Larissa Ione another chance.

message 34: by Anzu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer It's only with a book but many mistakes. I wouldn't mind minor stuff in many books but this is too much.

MV I really like this woman so I don't want to give her up that easily. But I'm not happy with the direction she's taking. I mean I like Thanatos but the book will be about the unborn child. Another topic I'm not happy with... O.O

Aly is so frigging bored Miss V Anzu hates children with a passion! I think for her child/children=antichrist, and I don't think I am exaggerating :D

MISS VAIN Well Anzu, you're gripe about the unborn children is actually understandable. Ask Aly, I've been griping to her all season about the unborn child of Blair's and I'm not wanting it to interfere with the Chuck and Blair romance.

I even suggested Blair should have a bad fall, yeah I was kinda embarrassed after I wrote it but till I said it.

I'm really surprised Aly doesn't think that I believe children are the Antichrist as well, which I DO NOT! LOL.. :))

Aly is so frigging bored Miss V you might have gotten your wish with Blair... Tomorrow I'll start re-watching GG, after I bake the cookies :D

MISS VAIN I think maybe so, just when I was finally willing to accept the baby plot. ;)

I'm going to bake cookies tomorrow too.:))))

Aly is so frigging bored We should paste photos on 'The Dark Side' :D

MISS VAIN Okay that sounds good, oh and I'll take pics of lights tomorrow I totally forgot.:/

Aly is so frigging bored You do that Miss V :D I can't wait to see if this batch of cookies will be better then the other I made some time ago...

message 42: by Anzu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Eeeew Gossip B*tch! :))))

MISS VAIN Aly, I didn't end up baking cookies last night. I'm baking fudge today though. ;)

Anzu, your take it you're not a Gossip Girl fan??

message 44: by Anzu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer But of course :p

Aly is so frigging bored Anzu wrote: "But of course :p"

You don't know what you're missing :))

message 46: by Anzu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer I'm missing sh*t :p I'm happy about it :))

message 47: by ♥ Sarah ♥ (last edited Feb 18, 2012 01:08PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

♥ Sarah ♥ Thank you so much. I just finished this and I thought I was the only one who didn't like it. I still like Larissa Ione, and I will always love Demonica. But I just do not like this series. I know Ione can do better and I'm surprised that so many people are rating this four or five stars.

Anyways, this is where me and the series part. If she starts a new series I'll try it. But I feel like almost too much of Than and Regan's story was told here that by the end I was just like whatever. They'll end up together so I'm just done now.

message 48: by Anzu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer I know what you mean Sarah.. Looking at my score now makes me want to remove more stars. If I'd judge it while ignoring the fact that it's written by LI I'd probably give it one star :/

And the way she introduced Than and Regan's story made me want to avoid the book. It feels very unoriginal coming from such a great author. This series is going downhill for me.

It's sad that you're giving up the series but I totally get it. I might even skip Than's book, but I'm not sure yet. I wanna finish the series though so I really hope I'll be able to.

♥ Sarah ♥ Yeah, normally I would just finish the series. But one of my new years resolutions is to not force myself to read books and series I'm not enjoying so I can spend more time discovering things I might love. Sure, I'll give it a fair chance (1-3 books) but I have a tendency to be a little OCD about finishing a series, so sometimes I just need to say no. haha :)

message 50: by Anzu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Wow, I have the same resolution for this year :D And so far it's working perfectly for me! I used to force myself to finish books/series before but I had more free time than now so I wouldn't mind it so much. But now I need to read something amazing in the few free time that I have. So drastic times call for drastic measures :p

« previous 1