Nicole's Reviews > Bound by Blood

Bound by Blood by Cynthia Eden

Apr 07, 2011

bookshelves: novella, paranormal-romance, review, read-in-2011
Read from April 06 to 07, 2011

Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/04/07/...

Publisher: self - pubbed
Release Date: Out Now!
How I got this book: review requested from author

Cynthia Eden fast became one of my must buy authors, and when she came out with an independent project just a few short days ago, I jumped on the chance to get my hands on the book as soon as possible.

Bound by Blood is a short (about 65 pages) novella about Morgan, the vampire princess and Jace, the werewolf alpha’s truce to work together against the demons who are coming up from hell. The vamps and wolves have never been friends before, hell, they’d never even been allies before. But a mating between these two can provide the right amount of alliance for both forces to join together and eradicate the demon problem.

This novella is full of action, the plot moving quickly. The action is fast-paced and done in such a great way, like Eden always does in her novels. The battles between the demons and wolves and vamps was very hard hitting, and some of her descriptions painted a vivid picture of wolves running wild, with demon throats hanging from their fangs.

I’ve always loved Eden’s ability to weave a suspense plot that is mysterious and yet believable at the same time. While the suspense in this book in minimal, she does such a great job of weaving in a betrayal, a romance plot, and an epic battle.

I was actually pleasantly surprised at how much I was sucked into the romance between Jace and Morgan, especially with how short the story was. So many times the shorter the story, the harder it is to sell me on the thoughts of a decent relationship between the main characters. But as always, Eden comes through with a believable romance, not one that is all puppies and rainbows, but one that is worked on and fought for till the bitter end. I enjoyed reading the history between them.

I just wished that this story had been longer. While everything was worked out and wrapped up neatly, I would have like to see a little more. These short novellas, especially the goods ones, always have me jonesing for more and more!

All in all, I give Bound by Blood a B+.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bound by Blood.