Christina's Reviews > See Me After Class: Advice for Teachers by Teachers

See Me After Class by Roxanna Elden

May 02, 2011

bookshelves: education, non-fiction, lol, own
Read on May 02, 2011

I've read a few of those 'apple on the cover' books for teachers and was thoroughly disappointed each time. The tone was always rather condescending, and little if any of the content could directly relate to my classroom. This book did the complete opposite!

Though aimed more towards the beginning teacher, it was an enjoyable read even for the slightly more experienced teacher than I am. I laughed aloud a number of times, and identified with many of the issues and difficulties identified by the author. I enjoyed the honest and sometimes slightly scary way things were described, because let's face it... it's how things REALLY are in our classrooms. It's good (and reassuring) to see that it's normal to feel overwhelmed by your classes sometimes, and that everybody (even those who boast that their classes are wonderful) have hard moments.

This book is full of helpful advice and anecdotes, and I'll probably give my copy to the next student teacher I have... it'll probably be more helpful than some of the pre-service classes offered. Definitely well worth it, especially for new teachers!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read See Me After Class.