LVLMLeah's Reviews > Stone Kissed

Stone Kissed by Keri Stevens

Apr 06, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, romance, paranormal
Read in June, 2011

I actually would have given this less than a 4 but 3 1/2 was too less. This is more like a 3.80 for me.

I'll admit, the fact that the heroine can talk to stone statues, while unique, didn't really pique my interest originally. However, I'm glad I read this book.

I think the fantasy/paranormal aspect was rather refreshing in a world full of were/vampire paranormals that have become so boring to me.

There were several things I enjoyed about this story, one being the almost quiet way in which Delia and Grant relate and fall in love. While for some it might be somewhat muted, for me I liked it. It had a ring of truth to it in how two mature people come together.

What I didn't get so much was why Delia kept insisting that Grant wouldn't want her, when he clearly did. But I guess there needs to be some tension in the romantic build-up. Her fear that Grant would think her crazy for her ability seemed reasonable, but maybe carried too far?

I also totally loved Cecily, kind of witch and distant cousin of Delia who was pure evil. She was written 3 dimensionally and clearly had some issues, which I found a bit more intriguing than the Delia/Grant story.

I knew that Delia and Grant would end up together, it's a romance, however, what kept me turning the pages was that I was very curious about what made Cecily tick and what her story was.

I think this is a good debut book for Keri Stevens. I'll definitely be looking forward to some more books from her.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stone Kissed.