Jodi Hufendick's Reviews > Treachery in Death

Treachery in Death by J.D. Robb

Apr 06, 11

Read in February, 2011

I love the "In Death" books. I think that Robb has done a great job of creating a realistic futuristic society in which both the technology and the sociological changes are believable. I see things on the news regularly that make me think, "we might be headed in that direction". This particular book was not as well rounded as the earlier books. It wasn't that the main plot was not developed or that she misses things, because she doesn't. It was more that the sub-plot did not live up to the bar she has set previously. I felt that the story lines with Peabody and McNab and the other characters were there to support the main story rather than to be parallel stories, which has always been the case in the past until the last 2 or 3 books. I hate to say this, but maybe she is trying to write too much too fast? I hate waiting for them, but I want them to be full and complete and not feel like a knock-off, which I felt a little like this one was.

I still love them and recommend them to anyone who likes murder mysteries. Maybe she just needs to write fewer books with more oomph. After all, she is writing for two (Robb and Roberts).
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Treachery in Death.