Xiu Ling's Reviews > Stranger with My Face

F_50x66
Apr 06, 11

bookshelves: 2010-2011-reading-books
Read in April, 2011

Stranger with my Face is about two sisters, who are twins separated during their childhood. One of the twins, Laurie, lives a much better life than Lia. In their blood, they have the genes that allow them to be able to perform a magical skill called Austral Projection. With this skill, Lia's spirit departs its body and visits Laurie every night. Laurie, who is incapable of the existence of a twin sister, fights to solve the mystery of this stranger who haunts her every night.

The text of this book is very well written; or i should say, it is obviously written by someone who is not professional at writing. In the beginning, the author tells that this is a journal written by Laurie, who admits that she doesn't have the genes of a writer. So it makes sense that the writing skills of this book is not fancy at all. Also Laurie angers me, because i knew what Lia wants in the very beginning and Laurie didn't figure out Lia's intention until few pages before the end of the book. I would like this book more if it has a happier ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stranger with My Face.