Julia's Reviews > Hard Bitten

Hard Bitten by Chloe Neill

Apr 20, 11

Read from April 06 to 12, 2011

Hard Bitten by Chloe Neill is an emotional masterpiece, packed to the brim with action and one major jaw dropper. This book is the fourth installment in the Chicagoland Vamps series and I think it could be read as a stand alone, though I wouldn't recommend it- each book was a blast.

Though for me the first half of Hard Bitten was a bit slow, the second half picked up and ended intensely. I wouldn't call the ending a cliff hanger... but I can not even say how shocked all of you Neill fans are going to be. Brace yourself. You'll love it though, you have to! Who doesn't love when a book leaves brings you to a point of speechlessness? Really. There are no words. That is why this review is going to be short- I can't give a single thing away- you're going to thank me for not leading you anywhere later.

Now, not only is the plot brilliant and easy to follow, but Neill has a cast of intoxicating characters. The dialogue between Merit and Mallory, Merit and Jonah, Merit and Ethan... I loved it all. It is witty, funny, sexy. Neill had me laughing and almost in tears. Go get this book!

I have to say this for Neill, she's got guts. She takes risks with her characters that many of my favorite authors won't do. I love when authors throw you a curve ball, I love when the worst thing imaginable happens in a novel because I wasn't expecting it. Neill totally pulled it off. I highly recommend this novel and the entire series to any Urban Fantasy or Paranormal fan. You're going to love it.

Oh, and how about that pretty cover?! Best cover in the series so far!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard Bitten.

04/07/2011 page 98
34.0% "Love it" 6 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Amanda I'm so jealous!! ;) Glad you are finally reading this series.. I love it!! Also I just read the My Blood Approves series and the rest of the books in the series are really great.. I saw that you read the first so I think you would enjoy the others. Hope everything is good with you :)

Julia Dude, you're going to shit at the end of this book. I still am thinking about it. And I finished on Saturday or something. I thought the first book in that series was just okay, I guess I will give the rest a try if you say they're awesome. Miss your e-mails!

Wicked Walker Oh I can't wait to read this book! Shocking huh? uggh!! waiting sucks!

Julia Holy crapola, it is SO shocking. I just keep waiting for everyone I know to read it so I can see their reactions. haha. You too. Let me know your reaction as soon as you read it. haha

Wicked Walker I will! The way everyone is reacting I am kinda scared! ha ha

Mariya OMG. RRR is feeding off of everyone's reactions LOL

Julia It is such a good book, don't be scared! I love when a book, especially UF, makes my emotions all crazy. LOL

Mariya haha. I know. I love books like that but the only thing is the torture of the wait...UGH! I think it is amazing when an author is able to create a book where you totally grow to love the characters as if you're apart of them.

Julia yessss

Mariya haha. I see you're having a giveaway...me too! yeah! pub just offered to sent me a giveaway copy XD

Julia yes!! I got that email too, I was excited we get to share the love!

message 12: by Dija (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dija The "worst thing imaginable"...? Uh, oh, now I'm starting to think about Eric cheating on Merit. That's pretty high on my list of unimaginable things right now, hope to God I'm wrong. O_O

Mariya haha. you would never guess it in a million years XD

message 14: by Dija (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dija Thank God. Really, my overactive imagination had me scared for a couple of days there. XD