AmberBug *shelfnotes.com*'s Reviews > The Midwich Cuckoos

The Midwich Cuckoos by John Wyndham

Sep 08, 2015

bookshelves: sn-to-post
Read from April 06 to 10, 2011

I'm only halfway through the book so far but I felt the need to make notes on why I am so impressed so far. It's the book "The Village of The Damned" was based on. I haven't seen the movie in years but I remember it being a creepy horror movie that wasn't anything too special. The book however is far more than that. The author uses this idea for the book as a way to delve into the human psych. Questioning nature versus nurture and many other philosophical ideas that could be attached to this storyline. This is no quick read horror/sci-fi book even though it's only a few hundred pages. I find myself having to go back and read certain parts again to fully understand what the author is trying to get at. However, some could read this book without a pause and find it entertaining enough without digesting the underlying questions but then it would be just another King or Koonz book. People looking for a book with some depth and a creepy plot line will really like this book. If I have anything to add after finishing the book... I'll come back to add more. Ok, finished and my review still stands.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Midwich Cuckoos.

04/07/2011 page 98