Fangtasia's Reviews > The Violet and the Tom

bookshelves: perfect-subs
Recommended to Fangtasia by: Td
Recommended for: lovers of M/M Romance and BDSM
Read from November 30 to December 02, 2011

This is a MUST read for anyone who likes the combination of M/M Romance and BDSM. You have not read anything in the genre if you haven't read this one. The author did an exceptional job of creating a mesmerizing world. The concise descriptions of the settings and characters, sometimes just a sentence or two, so very well worded that they plunge the reader's senses into the feelings seamlessly. When Sylvan shivered, I felt the cold. When Nygell sipped his coffee, I could taste it. Genius!

The characters, even the secondary ones, will stay with me for a long, long time. As a matter of fact, I hope they never leave me. The conflict is epic, won't go into detail, but it takes a brave soul to use what this author did. And she was justified in doing it. Excellent pacing, gradual and subtle at times, the "aha" moments clear and vivid, jerking me out of the daze this book had me in.

The ending was lyrical, the kind that had me closing the book and sitting back to savor it. The epilogue? Inspired is the only word I can think of. This is not just an HFN, it's a taste of their HEA.

Why has this never been published, while so much drivel is?

I'm going to the author's profile now, to see what else she's written that I can buy and read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Violet and the Tom.

11/30/2011 "So far loving it... :-))"
12/01/2011
48.0% "Took him long enough to realize what the problem was...!"
12/01/2011
53.0% "Finally!!! But poor Sylvan is so bewildered..." 3 comments
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Fangtasia Td wrote: ""

Oh yes, I remember this was one of the first books you recommended to me, way back when we became GR friends.

I'm already in love with Sylvan...*sigh*

Shelley Why has this never been published, while so much drivel is? EXACTLY!! I love this author Fang! LOVE HER! I read Esperanza a few weeks ago and she blew me away once AGAIN! It really annoys me that writers like this get passed over.

Oh and I love your review, it's perfect!

Fangtasia Shelley wrote: "Why has this never been published, while so much drivel is? EXACTLY!! I love this author Fang! LOVE HER! I read Esperanza a few weeks ago and she blew me away once AGAIN! It really annoys me that w..."

Thank you! I love her writing, Shelley, and would buy anything she writes. She even wrote a "Love is Always Write" story to my pic and prompt, ...Feels So Good When You Stop. Wonderful!

Shelley Thanks Fangtasia! I just got it :) I'm trying to promote her on our new blog and voted Esperanza as my book of the month. She is such an unknown and has no chance of winning but would you mind dropping a vote for her there? http://boysinourbooks.com/2013/09/30/...

Thanks :)

Fangtasia Shelley wrote: "Thanks Fangtasia! I just got it :) I'm trying to promote her on our new blog and voted Esperanza as my book of the month. She is such an unknown and has no chance of winning but would you mind drop..."

Done!

Shelley Thank you! Muah! X10!