Ana Mayoca's Reviews > Graceling

Graceling by Kristin Cashore

May 10, 12

Read from November 09 to 14, 2011

Second time reading it on May 2012

I am still delighted with Katsa and Prince Po, their chemistry is undeniable. The pace is just right and the idea of "gracelings" is fascinating. I'm starting to think that the author is a feminist. Most of the female characters here are strong willed women, their convictions as strong as a rock. Worry not because the book houses swoon worthy men.

Graceling is a good read. Plot-wise, it is great. Right amount of action and romance. It satisfies.

---------------------------------------
A mix of Twilight, Hunger Games and Harry Potter. It is gripping as it is entertaining. I haven't put it down since I bought it. I was enthralled with Po's character, there's something reminiscent of Peeta Mellark's character in him and Katsa with Katniss. The plot was certainly satisfying throughout the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Graceling.

Quotes Ana Liked

Kristin Cashore
“How absurd it was that in all seven kingdoms, the weakest and most vulnerable of people - girls, women - went unarmed and were taught nothing of fighting, while the strong were trained to the highest reaches of their skill.”

Kristin Cashore
“In the end, Leck should have stuck to his lies. For it was the truth he almost told that killed him.”

Kristin Cashore
“I love you," he said. "You're more dear to my heart than I ever knew anyone else can be. And I've made you cry; and there I'll stop."
She was crying, but not because of his words. It was because of a certainty she refused to consider while she sat before him.”
tags: love