Jenny (Reading Envy)'s Reviews > Storm Front

Storm Front by Jim Butcher

I chose this for one of my Audible credits, and it is narrated by James Marsters. This is the kind of fluff book where I probably won't remember it, and would be fine never reading any of the others, but wouldn't complain if it was an option on the shelf of somewhere I was taking a vacation. Combine a crime novel with the supernatural, and there you go. Some of it made me laugh, and I guess the fact that I would look forward to listening to it means it wasn't too bad.

8/12 - Listening again for a book club discussion. I had forgotten the story but hadn't forgotten Dresden. This time around I'm noticing the similarities to Phillip Marlowe.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storm Front.

04/06/2011 page 200
62.0% ""When you've got a demon in your living room, nothing seems too extreme."" 1 comment

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Siobhan I fell hard for this series. You can find me huddled in a corner clutching "Changes" and drooling until July when #13 comes out. Enjoy!

Tamahome I think it's an interesting narration. He has a really good character for Dresden, but doesn't try to act out the other characters as much. It's more like he's telling the story as Dresden all the way through. His natural voice is much different.

Jenny (Reading Envy) Tamahome wrote: "I think it's an interesting narration. He has a really good character for Dresden, but doesn't try to act out the other characters as much. It's more like he's telling the story as Dresden all th..."
I think he's an amazing Dresden.

Jenny (Reading Envy) I know! I think this is much closer to his real voice than his Spike character.

Tamahome Oh, bugger.

Julie Davis Rats. Now you made me want to listen to it. And I thought I was finished with this series (which I gave up a book or two ago from where it is now). Luckily I see the library has it ... because James Marsters ... gotta get me some of that.

Genia Lukin I rather like Dresden. It's good brain candy, and it undergoes a significant improvement as the series continues. By books 8-10 he writes quite well. I recommend to go on with it whenever you need a light read; it's worth it.

Angela This is exactly how I felt about it! Now I have to write my review without completely copying yours. haha