Ithlilian's Reviews > 1st to Die

Apr 06, 11

liked it
bookshelves: mystery
Read in April, 2011

The series title Women's Murder Club turned me off from the beginning. I expected an emotional drama full of complaining about males and a little bit of detective work. That's pretty much what I got. I was uninterested in the beginning with the whining drama. Some people may have found it captivating and entertaining, but all I could think is stop whining. Then, we get to hear from the killer. Too much is given away from the point of view of the killer that make the twists much less shocking. Speaking of twists, this one is full of "duh duh duh" moments. Just when you think someone is the killer, it's someone else, just when you think they did it, it's someone else, and it really wasn't that exciting for me. I think the women jump to conclusions a little too quickly, but that's typical investigator behavior. I enjoyed the initial search for the killer, but once that is over the rest feels thrown in just for drama, and I started to get bored with it. Not to mention every time the club met I cringed. I don't enjoy that type of putting men down, talking about love life, complaining about the world, women gossip and wanted to just get on with the mystery. Too much crying and hugging and drama for me, but a decent mystery that managed to just barely keep my attention throughout. 2.5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 1st to Die.