Katie's Reviews > The Probability of Miracles

1928123
Dec 19, 11

bookshelves: own, favorite, penguin
Read from September 20 to 24, 2011

This may be one of the hardest reviews I have ever had to write. I know I loved this book but it is hard to put into words how awesome it is. I am going to try to describe to you how much I loved it but fair warning that this review will be non-stop gushing.

Campbell (Cam) Cooper has lived with cancer for 7 years. She always knew it would kill her but she didn't know she wouldn't live to see her eighteenth birthday. She was a little closed-off because she didn't want to make friends only to be taken away from them. Things change when she moves to Promise though. She doesn't mean to make friends but somehow she does. And then there is Asher who might be more than a friend. Asher was sweet, funny, helpful, and wise. He was the perfect balance to dry, sarcastic, hopeless Cam. And then there was Cam's family. I thought my family was embarrassing but they have nothing on the Coopers. Alicia and Perry were a little overenthusiastic but really sweet and loving. Nana was hilarous! I can't even put into words how funny she was.

The story was heartbreaking. Cam knows it is her last summer so she lives it to the fullest. She makes friends, possibly finds lover, and witnesses so many miracles. It can only make her hope for a miracle of her own, one she may or may not get.

Overall, The Probability Of Miracles is one of the most beautiful, heartbreaking books I have ever read. I definitely went through a whole box of tissues. There were times I laughed so hard I cried and then there were times when I was so sad I bawled like a baby. Wendy Wunder is an author to watch for and I can't wait to see what writes next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Probability of Miracles.

09/21/2011 page 30