Kimberly Joy's Reviews > Thirteen Reasons Why

Compelling. Bittersweet. Suspense.
1 like · likeflag

Quotes Kimberly Joy Liked

Jay Asher
“Sometimes we have thoughts that even we don't understand. Thoughts that aren't even true—that aren't really how we feel—but they're running through our heads anyway because they're interesting to think about.”

Jay Asher
“You don’t know what goes on in anyone’s life but your own. And when you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re not messing with just that part. Unfortunately, you can’t be that precise and selective. When you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re messing with their entire life. Everything. . . affects everything.”

Jay Asher
“No one knows for certain how much impact they have on the lives of other people. Oftentimes, we have no clue. Yet we push it just the same.”

Jay Asher
“You can't stop the future
You can't rewind the past
The only way to learn the secret
...is to press play.”

Jay Asher
“You can't go back to how things were. How you thought they were. All you really have is...now.”

Jay Asher
“If my love were an ocean,
there would be no more land.
If my love were a desert,
you would see only sand.
If my love were a star-
late at night, only light.
And if my love could grow wings,
I'd be soaring in flight.”

08/02/2011 page 90
31.0% "Full of suspense!"
08/06/2011 page 201
70.0% "Speechless . ."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Philharmonic EightThirty Up to page 72 and it is very good! Seriously deep and mentally stimulating and the way it's unfolding so far makes me think a lot about stuff, even about myself.

Kimberly Joy It was inspirational. Not on the suicide part, but on how you treat people.

Philharmonic EightThirty That's what I was thinking about... I better pay more than the usual attention on how I treat people.

Kimberly Joy People should read this book. So that they'll know they can affect others more than they think.

Philharmonic EightThirty Agree.