Stormy's Reviews > Two-Way Street

Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt

Apr 05, 11

bookshelves: absolute-favorite, ya-contemporary

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two-Way Street.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Annie Brewer I just read this book in ONE day!!! I loved it and LOVED JORDAN!!!! He is a major hottie and a favorite book boyfriend!

message 2: by Stormy (last edited Mar 19, 2012 12:53PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Stormy I think I finished it in one day, too. I loved it. There was major tension between those two. LOL I was happy when they finally got together. :)

I just finished Pure. It was weird like torment and satisfaction...I don't know what I'm going to do with myself now...

Annie Brewer I know. I was sad about Caleb though. I somehow knew it would happen sooner or later but it didn't stop the tears. I liked Seth more in this one but I'm still team Aiden! Lol

message 4: by Stormy (last edited Mar 19, 2012 01:34PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Stormy I know. I couldn't believe that happened to Caleb! One moment I was cracking up with him and Alex and the next I was sobbing because I really liked him! Ugh. That was so unfair. He saved the bitch Lea! He picked that time to be a hero?! Damn it!

Oh, my god.
Read this interview with Seth and Aiden.
It cracked me the hell up.

Annie Brewer Holy shit!!! That was fucking hilarious!!!!! They were both cracking me up!!! <3 *sigh*
I love Aiden!!! Lol.

Stormy LOL I know!

Didn't Aiden piss you off in Pure? He pissed me off. I couldn't believe he went through all that trouble to plan the zoo day and then ruined the day by flipping out and not saying I love you. I was switching teams until that moment!

Annie Brewer Well it bothered me. But he can't. Its against the rules and he's so intent on following them so Alex doesn't lose everything. We all know he loves her too. It sucks! I really hope they end up together. I hope he breaks the rules and goes for it!

Stormy Oh, I know he can't but I hate that he has to be an ass to get his point across. I guess I was just hoping for a different approach because Dimitri did the same in VA and look how well that worked out for him. And it left Adrian hurt...

LOL We are wishing for different things. I hope she gets with Seth but I'm pretty sure that she is going to be with Aiden. :( But really, either guy is deserving, that's the tough part. But all of Aiden's and Alex's heartbreak over each other can't be for nothing if they never get a chance. You know that right?

I swear. Seth and I are like meant to be. We're the same age, he's funny, he's hot, he's bad ass, and he doesn't like zombies. :)

Annie Brewer Oh you guys are too perfect for each other. I hope you end up with Seth Stormy. Haha, y'all would work out perfectly.....
And I just realized how perfect Aiden and I would be together. Aiden and Annie....Seth and Stormy......
Fucking perfect!!!!

Yea I know, he was an ass but it has to be hard for him to be around Alex knowing damn well he can't have her. Then Seth pretty much flaunting it in his face that they are destined to be together yadda yadda yadda. It's sad. There are still 2 more books so I am just curious how its gonna go down. Apparently someone else is going to die in the next onw. Ugh, the wait is gonna be the death of me I tell ya!

Stormy Oh, shit! Ha ha. That is perfect! :D Actually, I think Aiden would be perfect for you, Annie. Didn't you say your afraid of clowns before?

Ugh! I know! That's what is so hard about the situation! Seth is falling for Alex while Alex and Aiden still love each other. She's giving Seth a chance because she thinks that she will never get to be with Aiden when we all know that they will get their chance which leaves Seth heart broken. Seth has changed a lot from the beginning of Pure to the end. I couldn't believe it. He seems like he's growing up the more he's around Alex.

Oh, yeah! I heard that Jenn said that she was writing the saddest scene that she has ever written while she was writing Deity. What scene could be sadder than Dee and Daemon crying over Dawson and Caleb's death? That's what truly scares me.

There is one sentence that I read at the end of the 1st chapter of Deity that has been stuck in my head and I'm trying to figure out what it means.

"My last conscious thought was of my biggest mistake—not the boy beside me, but the one I could never have."

What does that mean?!

Annie Brewer OMG, Aiden did say he was afraid of clowns, didn't he?? PERFECT!!!! How freaking cool! Yes, I am very afraid of clowns!!

Yea, Seth has gotten better by the end. I do want him to be happy. I just feel Aiden is better for Alex and OMG......WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Now I want to know....and the fact that Jennifer cried over a really sad scene makes me curious and worried!!!! WTF! Now you got me thinking! I don't want either to die. No no no no......OOOOOOOMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGG! :(

Stormy Ha ha. Yep see. That right there tells us that we picked the right guys for us and teams. No matter what happens. :)

I didn't mean to freak you out, Annie. Those are just some of the things I've been freaking out about.

You know another thing that I'm thinking about. That brown eyed servant guy. What do you think of him?

Annie Brewer Wow, we sure did! Geez, now I wish he was real. AIDEN, WHERE ARE YOU AIDEN!!! We are soul mates!! LOL

Hmmmmmm, good question....I am not sure what to think of him. I don't remember much about him. There was a point while I was reading Pure that I was in a weird reading funk and it may have been then because I don't remember him much. I quickly got out of it, but it was odd. I haven't really been in those moods in a long time. So when it happened, I was reading Pure. GO FIGURE. Anyway, what do you think about him?

Stormy Oh, I kind of got like that too. I wanted to hold off the ending but then again I wanted to read it all at once. I paused and did other stuff more than I usually do while reading. That's weird!

I think that he's somehow related to Alex. They both have brown eyes and she said that he was familiar. I'm not sure how old he was. I forget if it was mentioned but I think he is or has some connection to her dad. Maybe he's her step brother or something.