Lins's Reviews > Physik

Physik by Angie Sage

Apr 05, 11

bookshelves: 2011-reads, borrowed
Read in April, 2011

Enjoyed this whole-heartedly. This series seems to be grabbing me tighter and giving me more interesting characters and situations the further through it I get; whether that is because I am getting more involved with the characters, or because the writing is changing, or the storytelling, i don't know, I'm reading these for fun and am not going to analyse them. All I know is that I enjoy each book more than the last.

This one gave us a wonderful new character in the form of Snorri the rebellious Scandinavian girl, and her Darke Magyk familiar Ullr... and leaves us with a mystery that I won't spoil, but will comment on to say that I want to read the next book right now so that I can find out what they are all going to do about it. The other new character of Marcellus, the alchemist, I'm still unsure of. I think that is meant to reflect the opinion of everyone else in the book (excepting Septimus, and even him most of the time). I'm not sure I like him and I'm not sure that they should trust him, but I want to read the next book to find out!

Lots happens in this book, despite it only covering 3 days (or several months), and it is all exciting, with the usual share of ghosts, near death experiences and magykal mysteries that I've come to expect from the previous two novels. Looking forward to reading the next.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Physik.