Melissa Roach's Reviews > God Gave Us You

God Gave Us You by Lisa Tawn Bergren

Oct 24, 2011

Read in October, 2011 — I own a copy

Description:
When a charming polar bear cub climbs into bed one night, she asks her Mama a very important question--one that little "human cubs" often wonder about, too: "Where did I come from?"

As Mama bear tucks her youngest cub under the quilts, she gently, tenderly, and reassuringly communicates the message loving parents everywhere (bears and non-bears alike) want their little ones to hear: "We wanted you very, very much, and we are so very glad because--"God gave us you."

Perfect for bedtime, naptime, storytime or anytime, God Gave Us You provides a valuable opportunity to build children's self-esteem every day and assure each one that he or she truly is a welcomed, precious, and treasured gift from the Lord.

This is the first book of the "God Gave Us..." series ~ there is also God Gave Us Two, Heaven, Love, The World (which I wrote a review about), So Much, and Christmas.

For this review, I received the board book which was beautifully illustrated, and beautifully written to answer the question to a little one - where did I come from? It talks about the mama bear being pregnant and how her belly grew bigger and bigger, the ultrasound, how daddy talked to her belly, how they went to the hospital and said how happy they were that "God gave us you".

I would recommend this book for any family - both my daughters just loved reading this with me! It is truly a treasure of a book, and one that you won't find anywhere else! This is definitely a book every new family should own, and one that could be given at baby showers, baby's first birthday and more fun occasions! If you would like to buy this book, you can do so at Amazon.com for as little as $8!

Thank You so much Blogging for Books & Waterhouse Multnomah for letting me review this book and share it with my family! I absolutely love being apart of your bloggers reading program Take care and I look forward to reading more books from you in the future!

Post published by Melissa Roach, our Product Review & Giveaway Specialist.
Melissa is a Full Time Mom & Blogger HERE (please check out her blog!)

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the Waterhouse Multnomah book review bloggers program, "Blogging for Books". I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read God Gave Us You.