Jenn's Reviews > After the Golden Age

203607
May 30, 12

bookshelves: fantasy-sci-fi, highlyrecommend, book-group
Read in May, 2012

I'm saving my rating and review until after my bookgroup discusses it, but I have to say that, while I like the Kitty Norville books, this one... well, I didn't want it to end. There. Probably spoiled anything I could say about it for bookgroup. The end. (for now)

My thoughts post-bookgroup: I have to agree with the group that the ending feels rushed and final - as if Vaughn wanted to ensure there would be NO sequels - which makes me sad, because I enjoyed the ideas she was processing here. The premise of the novel almost feels like a parable of modern society: what would it be like to be the "normal" offspring of superhero parents? What would it feel like to be the offspring of Bill Gates or Will Smith or Madonna? Indeed. I was also reminded of Sky High, The Incredibles, and Megamind - really great films about this concept of superheroes "living among us." I really enjoyed this story and - as I mentioned before - was sad when it ended - with such finality!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read After the Golden Age.